Thursday, October 21, 2010

put a spell on you

after a magical encounter with my favourite lady Jenny Lewis I can't get the lyrics "i'm in love with illusions so saw me in half, i'm in love with tricks so pull another rabbit out your hat" out of my head.


I've also been loving this time of year and the spookiness that's coming with halloween. although i've always referenced black magic women and wicked witches in my style, i've begun turning to the thought of actual magic. my latest inspiration is the magician. think velvets, tuxedo tails, white oxford shoes, shiny accents, top hats, billowing blouses and men's trousers.

talk of magic was in full force last weekend. my friend Dianna and I met a magic little all-white cat named Domino, and couldn't help but imagine her having a life moonlighting as a magician's assistant. one day our little cat will be turned into a children's book called "Trixie the Magic Cat". These are the types of moments that I'll always remember. Good times with friends, making up little stories. It's these talks that inspire my style cues and set the tone for my fashion obsessions. Photoshoot (and children's book!) to come soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment